Born on 14th July 1951 in Bydgoszcz.
He graduated from the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Technology and Life Sciences in Bydgoszcz.
Between 1975 and 1982 he worked as a construction engineer at Ośrodek Badawczo-rozwojowy “Spomasz” (a research and development centre) in Bydgoszcz. From 1982 to 1990 he was the technical director at Pomorskie Zakłady Przemysłu Cukierniczego “Jutrzenka” (a confectionery factory) in Bydgoszcz. 1991 – held the position of the director at Zakład Cukierniczy “Jago” (a confectionery factory) in Bydgoszcz, and since 1991 until 1993 – at Zakład Wyrobów Cukierniczych “Anna” (also a confectionery factory) in Śliwice. He is an entrepreneur and a farm owner.
1998–2002 – a member of Bydgoszcz Town Council. Between 2006 and 2011 – a deputy to Kujawsko-Pomorskie Provincial Parliament.
He is a member of Bractwo Kurkowe (Marksmanship Guild) and “Via Natura” Association in Tuchola.
Member of the Agriculture and Rural Development Committee and the Environment Committee in the Eighth Term Senate.
Member of the Civic Platform Party of Poland, the national council, the management board in Kujawsko-Pomorskie Province and the management board in Tuchola district of this party.